A mentor recently shared with me, the 5 peak moments in your life will show you what you care about. It helps identify the commonalities for your purpose.
Mine in chronological order are:
- Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro / Safari / Raising Money (2009) – Giving Back, Gratitude, Belief
- A 13 hour run through desert in Chile (2015) – Acceptance, Capacity, Belief, Pay it Forward
- Adventuring in Antarctica (2016) – Reset, Refocus
- Getting Married to Blake (2017) – Love, Passion, and Partnership
- The birth of our daughter Tess (2017) – Joy, Love, Growth
What have all these peak moments shown me?
We each have much more access to skills, capability and “gears” we didn’t know exist. I would estimate we have at least 40-50% more capacity than we are currently operating with.
How do we find it? By leaning into uncomfort and opportunities that stretch our capabilities.
Once stretched, they don’t go back.
What will you do today to start leveraging those extra % points?
The kick in the pants you need. Sign-up for a better start to your work day.