“Be So Good They Can’t Ignore You”
– Steve Martin
My friend Ryan Hawk interviewed Benjamin Hardy recently. Among many things, he’s the #1 writer on Medium.com.
This is a great podcast episode and three things I really liked were this:
Stretch your abilities:
- Commonalities of leaders who sustain excellence.
- They continually put themselves in situations that demand a lot of them.
Put yourself in high stakes situations:
- They invest in themselves
- They create conditions for success to happen
- Being socially invested is a forcing function
- Signing up for a race or event – put it on the calendar to prepare for
High performers invest in coaches:
- Your decisions determine your destiny
- Visualize the process, not just the outcome
- Create environments for optimal implementation
- Pre-plan for adversity to strike and how you will respond
The kick in the pants you need. Sign-up for a better start to your work day.