- Don’t ride too high or too low. The less you mentally travel, the more energy you actually have for your legs.
- When you hit a wall, small or big…and you will…get curious.
- Ask, what is possible right now?
- What is the learning opportunity?
- What can I focus on in the next 5 minutes?
- Beginning: Running across the Verrazano Bridge with 30K+ other runners and how it felt like it was moving
- Middle: Being ahead of target time half way through
- End: Hitting the wall with a mile to go and really grinding it out
- Celebration: Enjoying dinner with other runners toasting the moment
If you think about it, with a year being 52 weeks and a marathon 26 miles, its a good analogy for life.
Write your narrative and chunk out your mile marker every couple weeks…and keep moving.
The kick in the pants you need. Sign-up for a better start to your work day.