“The only way out is through.”
– Robert Frost
We have a rough road ahead.
Prior to the Corona outbreak, we’ve just come through an intense couple of months at work. Something I took from my ultra-endurance races is “accepting the obstacles in front of me” weekly and thinking through solutions.
Previously I would spin on the “what if things don’t go well” when they may not impact my critical priorities.
I’ve answered this question weekly:
What are the obstacles to overcome this week?
- Anxiety on preparing for a key meeting
- Tough people conversations
- Getting all the content created for a presentation
- Our daughter not sleeping through the night
Then I think through how to handle.
- Reduces anxiety if the item goes sideways
- Outlines what is true and what is just a story in my head
- Keeps my thoughts focused on critical items
When we visualize our way through the obstacles, we are halfway through.
Stay safe, stay together.
Defeating Average in crisis.
The kick in the pants you need. Sign-up for a better start to your work day.