I was listening to one of my usual podcasts, Stay Tuned with Preet Bharara, former head of the SDNY office. His guest was Andy Slavitt, former head of Medicare under Obama.
When asked what his principles for a crisis are, he said:
- Get smart people around the table
- Listen deeply
- There are no such things as a perfect answer
- 70% of the time you may be right and 30% wrong
- If you mess it up, fix it
- Failures can be turned into setbacks if you just keep going and fix it
Good advice at any time, but especially in these times.
The kick in the pants you need. Sign-up for a better start to your work day.