With the weight of the world on all of us these days you need to be a little selfish.
Create the space around yourself to insulate you and your family from stress.
Think of creating a mental bubble around yourself, like your arms out wide and all the way around. Don’t let anything get into that space.
- Keep the angst at bay by shutting down at home earlier than normal, TV off, devices off
- Get more sleep than usual. Rule of thumb you get an hour less actual sleep than the time you get into bed. Add that to your calculation.
- Do something that brings you joy every day. Make a list. Check it off
- Journal each day. What went well, what could have gone better? Get your thoughts out of your head.
- Partner with friends on zoom or text to keep the spirits up and things you each want to accomplish.
- Get outside for fresh air at least twice a day mask or not. Nature is the great recovery for the human spirit.
- Take mindfulness or slow breathing breaks twice per day. Morning and night. Slow breath in and out will get your machine calibrated
The kick in the pants you need. Sign-up for a better start to your work day.