Have you ever started something you thought was going to be fun and exciting and all of sudden you lose interest or momentum?
I have. We all have.
I had an attendee of a talk ask recently:
“I used to be in really good shape and want to get back into the classes I took. Every time I think about getting started, I stall. How do you stick with it?”
Accountability, Acceptance, and Gaining Momentum.
Everyone hits a pothole on the way to a goal or a full out wall. It’s ok. It’s how you recover and pull on the rope and climb over or walk around it.
In order to keep committed to a goal (working out, doing yoga, painting, reading, or any other hobby) you need three things.
- DWYSYWD (do what you say you will do)
- Have accountability partners that will keep you on target
- Action: Create an accountability texting group
- Think through the obstacles you are going to encounter, visualize your way through and you will be halfway to your goal
- When things get hard, how will I push through?
- Action: Answer question above
- To get started now, email two friends on what you want to achieve and ask them to hold you accountable
- Action: Write down “why” this goal is important to you and have it handy for any time you get stuck.
It takes a support team to achieve anything worthwhile. Leverage them.
We are all in this together.
The kick in the pants you need. Sign-up for a better start to your work day.