“The best way to stay in shape is to not get out of shape.”
– Kelvin Beachum, Offensive Tackle, Arizona Cardinals
I had the good fortune of being on a customer panel with Kelvin last year and we caught up recently. Training camp in the NFL starts shortly and he focuses on staying in shape all year long.
When he spoke I recall him sharing a few things related to health, nutrition, and mindset. This is a summary in my words.
- I stay in shape all year long. To compete at the NFL level it’s what I have to do.
- I have dinner with the family and then we start to wind down around 830pm. Sleep is critical for my success.
- More energy = More Success
- I pretty much eat the same type of meals every day based on my nutritionist. It takes the thinking out of it and it’s easy to stick to.
- Consistency + less decisions = Prioritizing what’s important
- I get up at 430am every morning and well ahead of my wife and kids to get everything I need to get done.
- I do a lot of work in my community and leverage my platform to help pay it forward.
- Front loading the day + gratitude = Turning the flywheel
The kick in the pants you need. Sign-up for a better start to your work day.