“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
- Arthur Ashe, Tennis hall of fame player, and presidential medal of freedom recipient
I heard this quote today and it made me think of many different stages of my life.
If I could go back to my younger self and give me this advice I would have said.
Start where you can
- Focus on learning everyday
- Realize momentum builds over time and taking the first step is the key
Use what you have
- Use your stubbornness and discipline and commit to one big thing to improve every year
- Keep it simple, life gets complex over time
Do what you can
- Pay it forward to others and reap the benefits over the next 10 years
- Help one person every week
- Put your oxygen mask on first every day
The kick in the pants you need. Sign-up for a better start to your work day.