92% of New Year Resolutions fail and this is why
Resolution is defined as:
a firm decision to do or not to do something.
Synonyms: The intention, resolve, decision, intent, aim, plan; more
Resolution is the inspiration, decision, the intention to make a positive change….and the achievement of that change are in Action, Commitment, Discipline.
Commitment is either on or off like an old computer program 1 (True) or 0 (False).
How do you help fulfill a commitment to yourself?
When the goal or habit gets tough, know who and what are in your corner.
What is your why behind the goal? Is it strong enough?
- I find thinking through and writing this out is helpful
Who are you accountable to?
- It needs to be more than yourself.
- Your partner? Are their people you can collaborate with that are looking for a similar outcome?
How are you getting momentum on your goal?
- What is one small thing you can do today? Email somebody and tell them, or book a meeting.
- One big thing you can do towards it? Take all the junk out of your cupboard today.
What are the potential obstacles you may encounter?
- When you think through what could derail you, you have a better chance of overcoming when it actually happens.
- Think about the satisfaction of sticking to a goal and how it will make you feel.
After a whirlwind tour around the world and much celebrating in the last couple months, I will be taking a break from wine in the month of January…and may be reaching out to a few of you to help hold me accountable!
To your best year ever.