25-40% of people are thinking of quitting their job in the next 6-12 months! Are you one of them?
In a recent article published in Axios titled the Great Resignation Wave, surveys show anywhere from 25% to upwards of 40% of workers are thinking about quitting their jobs. Similarly, a UK and Ireland survey found that 38% of employees were planning to leave their jobs in the next six months to a year.
Why is that?
I’ve read and heard from many people:
- The pandemic has really spurred people to think deeply about what is important to them and how they prioritize that
- They want to be aligned to a company or organization that meets their values
- They want to be inspired on the mission of what their company does
- The job market is very hot right now and will no longer will tolerate working for a bad boss
If you are a leader of a team or an aspiring leader, here are some things to think about:
- People want to know where they stand in their career. Have you had this conversation with your employee and are you both very clear on their long term opportunity and approach?
- Have you created an environment, especially in this new virtual world where they feel like they belong? Have you helped create their internal company network?
- Have you created a safe space for them to share their values with you and their peers? Do they align to the company’s values?
- Are you clear on what they are trying to achieve personally outside the job? Who and what’s important to their family, including kids?
People are making family decisions more than ever before in this pandemic.
We need to be closer than ever before to our people when we (currently) lack the ability to see most of them in person.
Lead and treat people how you want to be treated.
Defeating Average in growing your team and family.